|Languages: English, Deutsch, Français, Italiano, Nederlands, Svenska, 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese)
|Price: $0. €0. £0. ¥0.
Permanent Eraser :: Version History
- Added German localization for the Mac OS X Leopard contextual menu plug-in.
- Default erasing pattern set to 7-pass DoD method.
- Tested and verified for macOS Sierra.
- New context menu plug-in for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
- Increased app responsiveness while preparing to erase the Trash.
- Fixed a Retina UI issue on Yosemite.
- Fixed UI issues for non-English localizations.
- Tested and verified for OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- Fixed critical issues where Permanent Eraser failed to work properly on Yosemite.
- Fixed a warning on Yosemite when checking the OS version.
- Fixed a Dock icon drawing issue on Retina Macs.
- Added additional Retina-level images.
- Added additional UI improvements.
- Updated the code signing to work properly with Gatekeeper for OS X 10.9.5 and later.
- Tested and verified for OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
- Updated plug-in for Mavericks.
- Fixed the code signing to work properly with Gatekeeper.
- Tested and verified for OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
- Code signed the application to work with Mountain Lion's Gatekeeper.
- Tested and verified for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- Updated the Erase service for Mountain Lion.
- Built as a 64-bit application.
- Fixed an issue where the plug-in did not install correctly under Leopard.
- Added support for the 3-pass DoE erase pattern.
- Detect SSD drives and overwrite files only once due to wear leveling techniques.
- Tested under OS X Mountain Lion DP3.
- Minor UI improvements.
- Note: Now requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later.
- Permanent Eraser made available on the Mac App Store.
- Fixes for Mac OS X 10.7 "Lion":
- Erase more than one file at a time using the Service plug-in.
- Restores "empty trash" sound when erasing is complete.
- Updated Automator actions.
- Application icon updated for 32x32 size.
- Automatically updates to the latest plug-in.
- Updated Swedish and Dutch localizations.
- Partially updated localizations for German, Italian, French, and Traditional Chinese.
- Updated the Services plug-in for Mac OS 10.6+.
- Erasing an individual file will display the name of the file being erased in the alert dialog.
- Added Acknowledgments help page.
- Fixed the issue where the Italian Preferences could not be opened.
- Clicking the Help button in the Preferences window displays the correct help page.
- Tested for Mac OS 10.7 "Lion".
- Preferences window can be opened when an alert dialog is present.
- New help files
- New options for erasing levels
- New Preferences window
- Set file erasing level
- Set disc erasing level
- Toggle warnings
- Toggle sound option
- Check for updates
- Easily install contextual plug-in
- Fixes several crashes related to erasing symlinks.
- Properly displays the correct size of an optical disc being erased.
- Corrects several sizing errors on folders containing symlinks and files with odd symbols in their names.
- Option added to not show the alert dialog for files that cannot be erased.
- Improved the installation process for plug-ins.
- New Service plug-in for Snow Leopard.
- Added 64-bit Automator Actions for Snow Leopard.
- Faster scanning file sizes.
- Smoother appearance of progress meter badge.
- UI improvements for the alert dialog.
- Fixed an issue when trying to delete an application which contains the DotMac framework.
- Fixed improper sizing of frameworks.
- Fixed a crash when trying to erase non-empty folders that could be erased.
- Fixed a crash when minimizing the application in Snow Leopard.
- Redesigned interface, which displays amount of data being erased.
- Added "Do not show this message again" option in the alert dialog.
- Significant portions of the program have been re-engineered.
- Updated icons, tailored for Mac OS 10.5 and 10.6.
- Tested and updated for Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard.
- Note: Now requires Mac OS 10.3.9 or later.
- Added Italian localization.
- Added new menus: Send Feedback and Permanent Eraser Website.
- Re-corrected a bug where the program would stall after deleting 250 files.
- Updated the application icon for a smoother appearance.
- Added an option to disable the sound effects.
- Corrected a bug where the program would stall after deleting 250 files.
- Tested and verified with Leopard.
- Updated application icon for Leopard.
- Shuts down faster.
- Added two new Automator actions: Erase Selected Items and Erase Trash.
- Updated Automator Finder plug-in so it will erase more than one selected item at a time.
- Added Swedish localization.
- Updated Dutch localization.
- Added Cancel option in the Dock Menu.
- Updated French localization.
- Improved progress tracking.
- Corrected several minor issues.
- Ability to easily erase CD-RWs and DVD-RWs.
- New Automator Finder plug-in.
- Added Traditional Chinese localization.
- Added French localization.
- When the program is launched, a warning appears which alerts the user that their files are about to be erased. Pressing the Option key when starting Permanent Eraser will bypass this warning.
- Added Dutch localization.
- Improved tracking when deleting files that contain resource forks.
- A rare issue where the progress bar would not update has been corrected.
- When Permanent Eraser is launched for the first time, it alerts the user that their files are about to be permanently erased.
- Erases files locked by the Finder.
- Warns if a file can't be erased because it is owned by another user.
- Minor cosmetic improvements to the progress badge.
- Corrected an issue where the progress bar would not always fill entirely (Mac OS 10.2 issue only).
- A spinning progress bar is shown when Permanent Eraser is preparing to erase the files.
- Universal Binary
- Progress indicator shown in the Dock icon.
- Better monitoring of the file deletion.
- Drag Permanent Eraser to your Finder's toolbar for a Panther or Tiger-like button for easy access.
- Upgraded the included srm utility to version 1.2.8.
- Distributed as a disk image (dmg) since Firefox was having problems downloading the file.
- Note: Now requires Mac OS 10.2 or later
- Added German localization.
- Alerts user if a particular file could not be erased.
- Distributed as a compressed disk image (dmg.gz) instead of a StuffIt archive (.sit).
- Just before quitting, Permanent Eraser will play the entire closing sound, instead of being cut off prematurely.
- If the sound file exists on the system, the Empty Trash sound is used (found on Mac OS 10.2 and later).
- The progress indicator completely fills the entire bar when done erasing.
- A spinning progress bar is shown at the beginning to alert the user that Permanent Eraser is working, instead of showing an empty progress bar.
- Files are deleted from Trashes on all available volumes.
- Increased security when deleting files by implementing the Gutmann Method.
- Cancel running processes.
- Drop files on the application icon to erase them.
- Improved progress tracking.
- New application icon.
- Original version released.